Better an honest enemy than a false friend.
Correct. Your turn Liam..
Here we go:
_ _
Any S?
Three - and I’ve just corrected what I was originally going for, the initial set of blanks was not quite right! Anyway, here you are:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ S
_ _ _ _ _ S
_ _
_ _
_ _ _ S _
Used: S
I’m really thinking the first word to be “Thundercats” lol, so I’ll go for the T’s, just to check or discard it.
There’s plenty of T’s:
T _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ T S
_ _ _ _ _ S
_ _
_ T
_ _ _ S T
_ _ _ _ T
Used: S, T
My theory remains, so let’s try with the N’s ![]()
Only one - it keeps your theory intact, but offers no additional clues!
T _ _ N _ _ _ _ _ T S
_ _ _ _ _ S
_ _
_ T
_ _ _ S T
_ _ _ _ T
Used: S, T, N
Hmmm, ok, already figured put the fitst word, and have guessed three consonants, so I’ll ask for a vowel now. Any E (besides the one in the 1st word, that is)?
Did they all oversleep?
THUNDERCATS ARE ALWAYS UP AT FIRST LIGHT.
They are indeed! I remembered it wrongly first as “Thundercats always wake at first light” - then checked it!
Your turn Zax!
I’ve been using Amazon video with the subtitles on to quick check quotes from my phone whenever I’m unsure. And to think that once upon a time I’d have had to fast forward through commercial-laden VHS tapes. Barbaric!
Okay, new puzzle:
_ _
Let’s start with the T’s then.
One T.
_ _
_ _ _ T _ _ _
Letters used: T
Yay, we’re up and running again!
OK, let’s have the E’s then.
To say I’m relieved would be putting it mildly.
Three Es!
_ _ _ _ E
_ _
_ _ E E
_ _ _ T _ _ _
Likewise! I wondered what the expletive deleted was happening when I tried logging in on friday!
OK, I’ve got an idea of the last three words. Any R’s?
Two Rs:
_ _ _ _ E
_ _
_ R E E
_ _ _ T _ R _
Letters used: T, E, R
I think the 5th word has already been sold out. Any S?