That’s it, Liam! You got it! Your turn!
OK then, here we go:
_
_
Any A’s?
Any N?
Yes to both:
N _ _ _ _
A
_ A _ _ _ _
A
_ A _ _ _ _
Used: A, N
Any T’s?
Any S?
Never expect a favor for a favor!
…said Tygra of the ungrateful Molemen.
If that’s correct (which might be… maybe it’s the British for “favour” though) then you’re really good, Zax!
Oh. Right. Liam lives in England. They must be favours, then.
I’ll await his verdict. ![]()
You are absolutely spot-on, Zax! Well done! Yes, I am an Englishman, born and bred, and I do people favours and behave with honour, treating people the same whatever their skin colour.
To be fair, when it comes to English v American interpretations of words, this is one that isn’t a problem either way. I’m sure the American spellings (of these at least) will one day become the norm over here, and that’s not a difference that matters.
In some situations, I heartily approve the American variations. The pronunciation of “lieutenant” is a classic example. The word comes from two French words, “lieu” meaning “place”, and “tenant” meaning “holding”. How we added an invisible F into it I’ll never know.
Then it comes to lift v elevator, or pavement v sidewalk, I still use the English terminology, but find the American ones perfectly acceptable as they are logical means of saying it.
The bits where I do start getting patriotic are “football” - what the rest of the world calls by that name, you insist on calling “soccer”, while what you call football bears a much closer relation to rugby than anything else - and “billion”, “trillion” etc. The misuse of these numerical terms, which as crept into global usage already, offends me as a mathematician. Million, billion, trillion - mono, bi, tri - as in a million is 10^6, a billion 10^12 (a million million), a trillion 10^18 (a million million million). That’s how it was over here originally, and while I can see how it is useful to have a word for 10^9, re-classifying the word billion (and the others) is wrong mathematically.
OK, rant over. Zax, your turn!
This competition is void, I would have totally gotten that had it been the American spelling.
Only joking. Excellent guess Zax.
Didn’t Jackalman say a similar line in ‘the Mountain’?
Actually he said the EXACT same line, he just enunciated it differently. Tygra put the emphasis on the words “expect” and “for”, Jackalman stressed the word “favour” both times.
I remembered that but I am not to familiar with the episode with the molemen.
Liam, I agree 100% about “football” vs “soccer”; never got why only one county calls it different lol. And wiothoput being a mathematician, I also keep telling people how misused the terms “billion” and “trillion” are. Thanks for giving me a sense of being right!
Mark, the episode with the Molemen is “The Time Capsule”. Tygra is looking for it in the Molemen caves, then Mole Master show up (first appearence ever, I think) and bullies the Molemen; Tygra beats him and expects some information about the time capsule in return, but the Molemen just keep their way as if nothing, and Tygra says the line.
Zax, we’re waiting ![]()
Thank you. Must watch that episode again. That’s one of the early episodes I have only seen once or twice.
“The Time Capsule” is the first episode written by Peter Lawrence.
Okay, new puzzle. Sorry for the delay!
_ _
Any T’s?
Nope. No Ts.
_ _
Letters used: T