What about an A?
Any I?
No A’s, but there is an I:
_ E _ _ L I S H
T H E
Used: E, T, R, L, N, H, S, A, I
Any Ds?
Maybe F?
D yes, F no.
D E _ _ L I S H
T H E
Used: E, T, R, L, N, H, S, A, I, D, F
“Demolish the cub”?
We have a winner!
Between this and my trivia question about the oldest trick in the book, which I set at the same time, I must have really had this episode on my mind at that point! I suppose Demolisher is a memorable character, partly because of his name (sounds like someone who could be a wrestler!), and partly for his voice . . . even if the episode itself is a bit lacking in point.
In any event, Tygra_Rules, it’s your turn!
Thanks Liam! And sorry for the delay. Here it is (kind of easy)_
Any E’s?
Just one
_ _ _ _ E _ _ _
Letters used: E
Guys, I’ve thinking of this game a lot and want to make a suggestion. In these kind of games (Wheel of Fortune, The Board or whatever it is called), contestants start out with consonant letters and then they have to “buy” vowels, as they usually give the answeraway. As we can’t do that, what do you say if we set as a rule that no one can ask for the first vowel unless there are already three letters in the game to start with (so the first three correct guesses must be lleters and then the 4th one can be a vowel); after that, we can only ask for the next vowel after three letters have been asked for (not necessarily correct ones).
For example.
[ul]
[li]Is there an N? Yes, one letter correct. [/li]
[li]Is there an R? Yes, there goes the second one.[/li][li]Is there a D? No, that’s a wrong guess, so we can’t as for a vowel yet. [/li]
[li]Is there an S? No, still no vowel. [/li]
[li]Is there an L? Yes. Now we have three correct consonants and can ask for the first vowel.[/li][li]Is there an A? (or a letter if you prefer). Yes.[/li][li]Is there an F? No[/li][li]Is there a T? Yes[/li][li]Is there an H? No. Ok, the second set of threee consonants have been asked for, no matter if right or wrong, now we can ask for a second vowel.[/li][/ul]
Of course, if someone gets the right answer right from the start, he or she is still able to say it.
So, the first vowel can’t be asked unless we have already 3 letters guessed. For the next vowel, we don’t have to have three more letters guessed, but 3 more letters asked for. Just a suggestion. What do you think?
Sounds needlessly complicated.
Any R’s?
I agree.
Any O’s?
OK, just an idea ![]()
Anyway… 3 R’s, no O’s
_ RR _ E _ _ _
_ _ R _
Letters used: E, R, O
Any N’s?
Nope, no N’s.
_ RR _ E _ _ _
_ _ R _
Letters used: E, R, O, N
Any I’s then?
Yes, a couple.
_ R R I E _ _ _
_ I R _
Letters used: E, R, O, N, I
Arrietta Bird?