Game: ThunderCat Hangman

Well I’ll be Monkian’s uncle!!! :00 The correct answer without even a single letter being revealed! Well played my friend. :thumbsup You’re turn!

This one will probably be easy. Not counting Mumm-Ra’s chant or commands to the sword of omens, this is probably the most often used phrase on the show.


_ _ _ _ !
_ _’ _


Letters used:

Any Ss?


_ _ _ _ !
_ _’ S


Letters used: S

I’m guessing a T might be in there somewhere. :slight_smile:


_ _ _ T !
_ _’ S


Letters used: S, T

Any E’s in it?


_ _ _ T !
_ E’ S
_ _ _ E

Letters used: S, T, E

I guess there is an H in the mix?

“Jaga wait! He’s gone”

1 Like

Good job, Wilycub! Even as a kid of 4 or 5 years old, I used to think…why can’t Jaga stay for a minute? Or I’d also think, doesn’t Lion-O get it yet that he’s not going to stick around?

2 Likes

Just got it this morning only to find I’d been beaten to it!

I never liked how the writers employed Jaga only when it was convenient for them. If his appearance had been more thought out, like Lion-O having to really concentrate for Jaga to appear, or Jaga having to use a lot of “astral energy” to appear, something which would drain him (like Cheetara’s Sixth Sense). Then Jaga not popping up whenever he was required would make a bit more sense. But hey it is an 80s cartoon made solely to advertise toys! So I’ll let it pass. :wink:

Here’s a new one:
[B]
_ _







Letters used:[/B]

1 Like

The swooshing cloak to disappear was a cool effect, but yes, Jaga just popping up to give a clue could be dodgy. Especially in the later series when he basically just said “The Eye Of Thundera, Lion-O! Use its power!” - or words to that effect, which basically translated as, say your catchphrase and the bad things will stop happening. Seriously. WTF!!

And as for the new puzzle, any T’s?

2 Likes

LOL! :biggrin Very true, Liam! How many times does Lion-O need to be reminded to employ the dues ex machina? :wink:

Coming back to the game, two Ts, or should I say, “T” for two. :slight_smile:

[B]_ _





T _ _ T


Letters used: T[/B]

1 Like

It bugged me the way they had to work that catchphrase into practically every episode, sometimes very gratuitously indeed. Yes, Excalibur, and the ends of both the Annointment Trials and Thundercats Ho, I mean you! Originally, it was just a means of signalling the others when Lion-O was in danger. Fine, nothing wrong with that. But when it just started fixing everything everywhere, that’s when it began grating. The catchphrase shoots into the Circus Train control room to press the button that will save them. Or in Mechanical Plague and Tight Squeeze where it gives the other Thundercats the strength to extricate themselves from predicaments that were previously impossible. Why?

OK, back to the puzzle. There must be some A’s in there somewhere?

2 Likes

Agreed! The Cat Signal was used initially only for summoning the others (that’s why it has “signal” in its name!). Then they used it to break magical spells and mind controls. Fine that is believable. Then it also was used to give the other TCats additional strength to break from bonds that they previously could not. Pushing it a little, but still within the realm of possibility.

But as you said, things got crazy when the sword started doing ridiculous things like pressing buttons, de-melting the New Cats Lair, causing rain, repairing a shattered Chain of Loyalty, and transforming a rocky pile of Thundrillium into a perfect box! :confused Maybe we should start a thread to list all of the things that the Sword of Omens can do. :slight_smile:

Sorry I tend to get carried away in such discussions. Back to the puzzle, yes plenty of A’s! :slight_smile:

[B]_ _
_ A _
_ A _



T _ A T


Letters used: T A[/B]

1 Like

Actually I think I did start a thread on here some years back about that very subject! I think I did a top ten dodgiest uses of the catchphrase. “Excalibur” came top because it was seen as a flashback in Mumm-Ra’s cauldron!

Summoning the others was the basic function, agreed.
Breaking spells over them, such as in “The Mumm-Ra Berbil” or “Dream Master”, well, OK, fair enough. The former is a good enough episode for it to be excusable.
The physical strength equivalent - in “Tight Squeeze”, well, OK, I guess I can swallow that. But “Mechanical Plague” - no, it just embodies the problem.
And then in the later series it did just about everything . . .

OK, back to the puzzle. Let’s have the H’s.

2 Likes

I’ll have to look for that thread! :slight_smile:

Two H’s

[B]_ _
_ A _
H A _



T H A T


Letters used: H A T[/B]

OK, what about N’s?