Late again.lol
I worked out it was Lynx-O in Thundercats Ho! with “now you have each other” when he dodged two simultaneous attacks from opposite sides, but I couldn’t think of anything for the last word except “gentlemen”. I suppose it’s not the first time one of us has made a slip-up on forgetting to include a repetition of a certain letter, or adding a letter that hadn’t yet been requested. I know I did it the other week, and I remember either Wilycub or Zax doing something similar a while back, possibly even both of them.
OK, here we go:
_
_ _
_ _
As?
Nope.
_
_ _
_ _
Used: A
Is?
Yup!
I
I _
_ _
_ I _
Used: A, I
Ns?
N for no!
I
I _
_ _
_ I _
Used: A, I, N
Ms?
Mm mm!
I
_ _ _ M _ _
I _
_ _
_ I M
Used: M, A, I, N
Ss?
Nope.
I
_ _ _ M _ _
I _
_ _
_ I M
Used: M, A, I, N, S
Hs?
Yes. Now the last word is filled in I should say that I forget if the pronoun in question is quite correct, but you’ll be able to guess the whole thing in a few more letters.
I
_ _ _ M _ _
I _
_ _
H I M
Used: M, A, I, N, S, H
“I wormed it out of him.” But, yeah, wrong pronoun—should be a “them”.
I love that line because it implies that not only was Mumm-Ra Silky; he was also the worm! Or maybe he was just exerting some control over a real worm…
I couldn’t remember if it was “him” or “them”. But yes, you’re right on the quote in any case. I can’t remember which interpretation I took it to mean when I saw it. Need to see the episode again. Hell, need to see the whole first season again to work on the continuity order!
Your turn Zax!
No offense, but I feel like the reason the Continuity Order project keeps stalling is because a message board is not the proper medium for sorting it out. It’s too linear—rationale either gets buried way back in the thread, or two bits of rationale get separated by months of unrelated posts. Don’t take my reticence for defeatism—I still plan to contribute. I just feel like we’d be better off in a room together with a bunch of post-its on the wall!
Anyway, new puzzle:
_ _
_ _ _ _ _ ?!
I know what you mean. I do have detailed notes on a spreadsheet. It’s possible that it could benefit from a new thread. I don’t mean start from scratch, but just start the discussion again such that everyone knows what’s what so far.
Any T’s?
Any N’s?
Nope and double nope.
_ _
_ _ _ _ _ ?!
Letters used: N, T