They look really great! Just shows you want we could have had if Bandai continued in that scale.
Do you still do customs?
When I have time. I still need to do a Lynxo to complete the main team.
Are there photos of the completed ones other than the ones you’ve posted here? I love looking at customs because I have no talent whatsoever and am completely jealous.
Everything Thundercats related is here.
I’ve done some other stuff, here’s a few pics.
http://i.imgur.com/23uglrQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cAbmirW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VetvRth.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/18K7e3N.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WVEEf6K.jpg
What awesome figures. An action figure company should definitely hire you. ![]()
Wowzers the Reeve Superman!!! Thanks for giving him love.
Do you ever sell any customs or are they for personal?
Cheers, I just resculpted the hair a bit on that one, the main but was finding clothes to fit on the Reeve body.
I’ve had enquiries for full customs before, but it’s usually cost prohibitive. The amount of hours work and supplies that go into one, to be paid a decent rate usually puts people off. Also people enquire about redoing a figure they’ve seen me do. With the time involved, doing the same figure again just isn’t appealing.
I do actually have a figure for sale now. My Affleck Batman is on eBay. I just don’t have the space to keep him. Especially since I have the 1/4 scale movie turtles coming.
Yeah redoing the same figures is probably boring. Send me a link I’ll peep the eBay stuff.
I finally finished off my Mezco Lion-O. I molded and cast the head and resculpted the hair, I also recast the claw, got rid of the fur texture and changed the position of the fingers. Then I repainted the whole thing. Some crappy phone pictures for now. Hopefully I can take some better ones later.
I’m really digging your custom Mezco Lion-O. :liono
Brilliant work as always Booshman!
Much better than what’s available. His face just never did it for me but you nailed it here!!!
Here’s a little timeline of how I made a new head for the Mumm-Ra statue I bought that was unfortunaltely headless. I reached out to an artist who’s sculpt I liked, and he sent me the head so I could 3D print it. I made it in 2 halves so I could print it with all the support on the inside, a wll as work on the lights. I got those working, then joined the halves, cleaned the seams and then painted. The bandages are held on with magnets.
https://i.imgur.com/QPJX0hw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Tdo8wL3.jpg
Now Mumm-Ra’s not headless anymore. Hahaha! :mummra
Great job @Booshman !! :thumbsup Thanks for sharing the WIP pics. It’s fascinating to see the process.
Did the artist send you a digital sculpt or an actual sculpt which you then 3D scanned?
It was an STL file that I needed to chop up and resculpt the inside to accomodate the neck and electronics. As it was it was one piece, I ended up printing the bandages and snakes on their own, so I could keep the supports on the side you won’t see. At first I was goint to have the noseguard seperate, so there would be no supports beneath it, but it was too much of a pain to try and get the 2 pieces to match up, so I did it as one part.
I just got done putting this together.
You are indeed a wonderful artist, Booshman. Your version of LJN Lion-O looks just about ready. ![]()
Nice one. Still needs to be primed and painted and have some rough spots fixed. Here’s an idea of the scale.