Booshman's custom action figures.

Thanks a lot!

Here’s Jaga:

The cape is removable and slides in either side of a tube made from part of a pen. The Thundercats logo is attached to a dowel and slides into the tube, held in place with a magnet. This keeps the logo in place, as well as locking in the cape. Both of the heads have a small dowel attached to them too and slide in place through a hole in the neck.

http://i.imgur.com/g8eghvv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qF2qg4y.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lu0UENe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2ZVzLBv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tM4V254.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6uBEzzL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/F79JKwv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8PMbb68.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6MAIINZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/16EgXbr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Vd5wOr8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xWgEmEd.jpg

2 Likes

Jaga looks great! I really enjoy the ingenuity of your engineering using pen parts and dowels. I also like that you made the alternative head sans helmet.

1 Like

Well done with Jaga. :wink:

Thanks. IT only really came together at the end. It’s difficut to plan far ahead and you just have to problem solve as you go. I’m glad I came up with something solid that’s going to stay together.

:slight_smile:

Here’s Silky from “The Garden of Delights” and Tygra with his “tripping on fruit” accessories.

The fruit attaches to Silky with a magnet and can be moved posed on mutiple leaves. The leaves around Tygras neck are attchaed to thin wire and clip into place.

http://i.imgur.com/2bo7TrG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TsNdiXF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mbmo0FQ.jpg

1 Like

Not only is this nicely done (goes without saying at this point), but is also hilarious (in a good way) to me. The facial expression is priceless!

1 Like

Cheers. I wanted to make him look like he’s having a good time without changing the sculpt. The eyes and mouth are just drawn on card and blue tacked into place.

1 Like

Poor Tygra. LOL.

Fine, fine work! Jaga looks fantastic, as well as Lion-o. Anxious to see your finished Grune. :slight_smile:

Clever using Rei’s head for Silkie. :wink: Addicted Tygra is an uncommon but neat take on him. Great set!

1 Like

Here’s Grune:

The shoulder pads slot into the shoulder joints, which allows the shoulder to move underneath them, and still has decent poseability. The club is made from apoxie and styrene.

http://i.imgur.com/D62nv5T.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JEuF47X.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SpaTAYm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AQjpnTT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/u14Zykb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/302cKQI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8kk6Zqn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gJKoqYQ.jpg

1 Like

Grune the Destroyer looks outstanding.

You my friend are amazing… you catch the figures spot on.wish I had the time to do some these.who you got planned next cant wait to see them

1 Like

Those figures look fantastic.

:slight_smile:

Cheers. I want to finish the line-up of all the Thundercats eventually. I need to find suitable base figures for the kittens. Probably gonna be Lynxo next. It’s taken me about a month just to get all of these painted, so I’m gonna have a break for a bit now I’ve gotten the last of this batch done.

:thumbsup:

OK, here’s the last of them for now…

Cheetara:

http://i.imgur.com/Dy8WNlb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HBWeTzP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/s6JVdrY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gCK8BGU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vJwQN13.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sbvFUd3.jpg

Here’s a pic to show the scale compared to the regular classics figures.
http://i.imgur.com/14UBBtA.jpg

1 Like

Cheetara looks great! What did you use as the base? It seems like she would be quite a challenge.

1 Like

She really was. Deciding on the base figure was a pain, as there was nothing I could find to properly match the scale of the other classics. I ended up using a Marvel Legends red She-Hulk for the body, and a Sin City Nancy figure for the head and hands.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd12/Varja27/dvd/IMG_20080417_0254.jpg

1 Like

I like your Cheetara figure a lot. :slight_smile:

Amazing custom, Booshman ! :smiley:

Congratulations !!! :thumbsup:

1 Like

You’re custom is really cool. Do you know, there is a prototype of Tygra with this “alternative costume”. You can see him in a french bandai catalog.

http://i76.servimg.com/u/f76/15/87/26/32/tygro_10.jpg

http://i76.servimg.com/u/f76/15/87/26/32/3310.jpg
Merged Post:

http://i.imgur.com/JLKAq69.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/E5LEfvU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2E5dsp9.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/u14Zykb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GqNL5qo.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/g8eghvv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Dy8WNlb.jpg

Your customs are awesome !!!:thumbsup:

1 Like

I have never seen the french bandai catalog before. That Tygra in the alternative outfit is very cool. As a huge fan of the Bandai line (as well as the LJN) it would be a dream to get my hands on a prototype of that figure! Are you aware of any other pictures of it?

Edit:
I knew I remembered seeing that Tygra somewhere. It was used in a Gamestop offer a while back. Obviously they never had that figure in stock but the Tygra, Grune and Slithe were what I can only assume were from an upcoming release or scrapped design.

http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/320551b.jpg

1 Like

Thanks, glad you like them! I hadn’t seen the French calalogue, but I did the custom after seeing that figure.

That’s where I originally saw the alternate costume figure.

1 Like